Pat Carruth's Profile|Create Your Badge
Pat Carruth's Facebook profile

Saturday, July 11, 2009

This place was more than a club!




Well we did it fancy pantsy style on Thursday. There is a new club on Hollywood Blvd that opened called The Playhouse Hollywood . We were not on the list but yet we were on the list. Ah ha. Do you see? Our friend Greg knew one of the promoters and he gave us a name on the list at the door. Kayla's name was Kristina Melinchenko. It was soo something from a movie. We walked right past the losers standing in line and got right in with a fake name. It was great. I told Kayla to practice as we were walking there. We had to say the name of the promoter also. She did it perfect. "yeah we're on Todd's list. Kristina Melenchencko." Oh my gosh it was really really funny.

This club was insane. The drink menu was worse. There was a bottle of champagne that cost $12000. I promise there are not too many zeroes. I purchased two vodka redbulls and spent $20 bucks. That's really not much more than any bar in L.A. or Hollywood. Everything in this state is out of control.

One very interesting thing about this club was the many performers who were hanging and spinning from the ceiling. There were dudes and chicks both. There were regular dancers dressed in skimpy outfits, dudes hanging from cubes in dunce hats, chicks hanging and spinning from clothes as well as dudes spinning in just a little more than a speedo.

It was indeed opening night so there were a few DJ's who go to spin. The last one, with the most energy, was the worst. WAAAAAAY to loud and I didn't like the way he mixed. Oh well.

I'm really glad we went. I didn't know we were going anywhere that night so I super duper pigged out on our dinner and was possibly in the top 10 most full nights in my life. Did that make sense? I still enjoyed myself but wasn't able to drink many cold ones.

My buddy Greg told me that there were 3 owners who spent a total or 6 million to renovate the building and open the bar. It's like most buildings in Hollywood on the outside. It looks like trash on the inside. But damn they spent some Doe on the inside.

Kayla had a good time dancing and like I said I'm glad we went. However, I still prefer a bar with Beer, sports on several TVs, and hot wings, burgers, etc. So overall I rate the club very high but it's just not really my style. I'll gladly go again if you are buying the drinks. I'll go anytime

No comments: